Dear business partners
It is important to us to inform you in the best possible way about our current situation.
We have set up a global crisis management team to control the constant flow of supplies and to ensure that our production facilities are working at optimum capacity. Furthermore, we work closely with our suppliers to obtain forecasts regarding potential delivery disruptions.
Our sales team will contact customers individually to discuss adjustments and prioritization wherever necessary. We do our best to support you in the current situation in a professional, fast and flexible way.
Current situation at the headquarter in Steinach, Switzerland:
- Production was switched to a two-shift operation in separate teams last week.
- Hygiene measures were significantly intensified.
- Possibilities to work from home have been expanded and, wherever possible implemented – all employees can be reached under their usual numbers.
- Internal and external meetings have been cancelled – if possible, we will conduct them via phone or via Skype for Business/Microsoft Office Teams.
Current situation in Suzhou, China:
- The situation in China has calmed down and our production is 90% occupied.
- We are currently working 6 days per week to make up the backlog by the end of April.
Current situation in Badalgama, Sri Lanka:
- The government of Sri Lanka has decided to declare national holidays up to and including Thursday 19 March 2020 in order to better control the outbreak of Covid-19 coronavirus. The government has also announced that the borders will be closed until 20 March 2020.
- Our production site will be closed up to and including March 19 2020, and will therefore not be able to handle any freight.
- There will be interruptions for incoming and outgoing shipments, as airlines are expected to reduce scheduled flights.
The well-being of you and our employees is very important to us. For this reason, we comply with local regulations and measures at all our locations to provide the best possible protection for our employees and to ensure our ability to deliver.
We thank you for your understanding and are available to answer any questions you may have. Together we will master this situation.
Your Variosystems Team